Thursday, August 29, 2013

Design Crush...

Hej! (Hello!)  Välkommen!  (Welcome!)
Yep, I'm speakin' Swedish/Scandinavian now...

To be more specific, I'm speakin', lovin' 
"Scandinavian Mod Retro Style"
currently.

A few photos I'm obsessing over via Pinterest...
{the iconic Eames chair in...gasp...pink!}
 
 I have always loved Dottie Angel's style and only now realized that it is very Scandinavian influenced, mixing vintage with retro modern pieces and prints...
 {am currently coveting a mid century credenza like this!}

Love the vintage Scandinavian fabrics on this pillow by, Made by Lisa Jane

I also am loving anything by designer Orla Kiely...

My Scandinavian Mod Retro design crush has made it's way from my heart into
my living room...well, it's starting to anyway...
making a few changes here and there to incorporate the style.

Talk to me...do you like this style?  Are you surprised I like it? 
What's your Design Crush?

XO,
Stacey

P.S.  Happy Labor Day Weekend + Watch for a shop update on 9/3!



15 comments:

Prince Snow Farm said...

What great ideas and I LOVE the cheery colors!

Carol-Anne said...

Ha! I had no idea what this style was called, but I love it too now! thanks!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you know i love those birds! love this!

Brenda Kula said...

I'm finding that I like it more than I ever thought I would. We surprise ourselves, don't we?
Brenda

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

My oldest daughter decorates in a similar style and I love it! Believe it or not, I found that same art deco cupboard that's filled with Pyrex in a local shop (very cheap) and emailed a photo to our youngest daughter for her kitchen. She didn't care for it, but I'm thinking when she sees it painted white she might change her mind. Thanks for the fun post!

AshTreeCottage said...

Before I was married, this was my absolute favorite style. I am sure that it is partially due to my Scandinavian roots. I love that credenza too! Have a wonderful weekend.

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I like very much! When I was in my 30s, one of my best friends was from Sweden. She's back there again now and I've always admired their style! ♥

Simply Shelley said...

I do love the colors...I have been giving my home some much needed color...thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what you do in your livingroom .....blessings

JunkStuffTreasures said...

Love it! The design is so light & airy, and the colors make me weak in the knees!

Bronwyn said...

I can see why you love it. So much colour and pattern!! I love that pink chair. It looks so modern yet would fit into cottage style decorating so perfectly!

vintage grey said...

Such sweet inspiration!!! Happy weekend! xo Heather

Junkchiccottage said...

Stacey,
This is so you. You have a good start to Scandinavian Mod Retro in your living room. This is super sweet.
I saw your COTM and it is fantastic.
Kris

Jann Olson said...

I do like the cheery colors. Couldn't do a lot of it in my home, but the cabinet and the birds are fabulous!
hugs,
Jann

Art and Sand said...

Just saw your great write up and photos at The Old Painted Cottage. I know you took your photos because you took the photos for Kris last month. I like that Jennifer chose to showcase a colorful house. I love the white and neutral houses, but I am a COLOR girl.

uğur Aksu said...

I'm following your blog so beautiful
Yazgülü - Güzel Sözler - Anlamlı Sözler - Özlü Sözler - Etkileyici Sözler - Güzel Özlü Sözler - Güzel Anlamlı Sözler - En Güzel Etkileyici Sözler - Yazgülü Sohbet - Sohbet Net