Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Put A Bird On It

Tweet!  Tweet!
 I had a little stash of vintage wallpaper that I wasn't sure where it was going to end up being used, but I knew it would end up somewhere in my home eventually.  One day after seeing this photo at Dottie Angel's house, I knew exactly how to use the paper!

I decided to modify this template (just a little to make it easier to cut) and used it to cut out these birds from the vintage wallpaper I had.
 Sorry, the photos aren't the best, I took them on a rainy day, 
so the lighting was bad.  Hopefully you get the "big picture" though.
I temporarily hung them on the wall with tape to get the layout I wanted, then I used a spray glue adhesive on the backs of the birds to adhere them to the wall.  I'm sure you could use plain ol' wallpaper paste or perhaps even Modge Podge on the back.  The spray adhesive I used seems to have worked out just fine, being that they weren't all on the floor when I woke up the next morning.  That would have been so sad!

I think I'll add 2 or 3 more birds to the flock... I think they need some more friends.

If birds aren't you cup of tea, here are some other fab things you can do with vintage wallpaper:


 {Source}



Here are two great sources on Etsy for vintage wallpaper:

Below is the template I used, modified.  Feel free to grab it and use for your projects!
It will fit/print on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and I think it's already a good size to use, but you can also modify size in your editing software if you like.

Well, I've gotta fly now (I know, it's too much...couldn't resist)!

XO,
Stacey

19 comments:

Cozy Little House said...

Well Stacey, I know you know that birds are my thing. And what you did is beautiful. I decoupaged a large fork, knife and spoon on my kitchen wall recently. I didn't gloss over it with the Mod Podge because I didn't want that look. But it adhered it well. You did a great job! Your home is so creatively cozy.
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

I see your "TOOK FLIGHT" with your sweet birds. You won't hear a bad PEEP out of me because I love the idea- xo Diana

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love your birds! and i also love the backing to those kitchen shelves!

wendy said...

Love the dresser and the tree, made a few ideas star to percolate in my head!!! Nice pictures!!

Heatherlee said...

It looks cute! Thanks for all the extra ideas too. Now I want to go find some!

vintage grey said...

So beautiful!! I might have to give these pretty birds a try! Thanks for sharing and inspiring! Happy week to you! xo Heather

michele said...

these are awesome! and perfect going up the stairs. tell me tell me about your new blog header and the artist responsible. it's adorable.

michele

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Such a fun post, Stacey...your birds are so charming and whimsical!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Adorable! I can just see them pulling along a seasonal pennant banner.....and not a single hole pounded in your wall!!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I love the way they are flying up the stairs! ♥

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Stacey,
How sweet is this. I love the birds going up the wall of your staircase. Tooo cute. Love this.
Kris

Debbie Lynne Malison said...

I love this idea! I am totally doing this ASAP.

Tricia said...

What a cute idea!

Teresa said...

LOVE the birds!
Perfection.

Robin Johnson said...

Oh now that is ADORABLE! you are so smart. I love it.

Melanie said...

Love your birds - what a fantastic idea!

Simply Shelley said...

Great idea...looks great with the birds flying up your stairs...nice...thanks for sharing....blessings

Red Rose Alley said...

Stacey,
So clever and pretty. I like the bird with the pink roses. Yes, vintage wallpaper is really IN right now. Nel just covered her book shelves in her office with it, and it turned out lovely.

Have a good week ahead.

Love,
~Sheri

uğur Aksu said...

I'm following your blog so beautiful
Yazgülü - Güzel Sözler - Anlamlı Sözler - Özlü Sözler - Etkileyici Sözler - Güzel Özlü Sözler - Güzel Anlamlı Sözler - En Güzel Etkileyici Sözler - Yazgülü Sohbet - Sohbet Net